July in Pictures: D.C., New York and Yosemite

Sorry for the prolonged silence! 

Having a blog has shown me how bad I really am at time management. 

This post has been sitting in my drafts folder for days now but it kept getting put off. 

Before we get too far into August for a July recap, though, I want to share some pictures from a vacation I took earlier last month. 

I had a few days off work for the 4th so I took the opportunity to visit a dear friend from college who now lives in  Washington, D.C.. 

I then had a few days of business meetings in New York and finished the whole adventure with a wonderful weekend in Yosemite visiting another friend.


It was my first time on the East Coast so needless to say I was very excited! 

Did you know that there is a difference between capitol (the building itself) and capital (the city that is the center of government? Cue confusion for the entire trip.

Since it was my first time in D.C., we celebrated the 4th like good tourists. We watched the rehearsal of the Capitol Concert the night before, went to a reading of the Declaration of Independence in front of the National Archives and baked in the sun while watching the National Independence Day Parade.



The next day we also enjoyed a hike in Maryland. The East Coast is gorgeous!




After a few wonderful days, I took the train up the New York City for a few days of business meetings. I fell in love with rail travel after a trip I took to England a few years ago and this train ride was no exception. 



My first time in the Big Apple. New York has such an amazing food scene I could spent my entire time eating my way around the city. One of my favorite finds was The Laughing Man, a coffee shop with a community development goals founded by Hugh Jackman. I was a repeat customer of their amazing Flat White and gluten-free biscotti.


On my last full day in the city, I took the subway from where I was staying in Tribeca up to Central Park. The park is beautiful and huge!



After New York, I finished my vacation with a few days visiting another friend in Yosemite. 






Monday, August 5, 2013

Post a Comment

Contributors

Powered by Blogger.